Warm Summer Greetings to You!
Exciting news! The program for the ICEC Fall Convention 2023 is available for your review and Early Bird registration is open. Many thanks to the members of the Program Committee for their hard work.
The ICEC Fall Convention will take place November 2-4, 2023 at the Chicago Marriott Naperville, 1801 North Naper Boulevard, Naperville, IL.
This year’s theme, MAKING A DIFFERENCE ONE STUDENT AT A TIME inspired numerous talented presenters. Review the program and register online today at: https://www.illinoiscec.net/ Professional Development credit will be available throughout the duration of the Convention.
Gloria McDaniel-Hall, Ed.D. and Lani Lawson, BCBA will present outstanding keynote addresses. We will host a special session on legal issues with Neal Takiff and Shermin Ali, Attorneys at Law, more than 70 presentations, CEC Subdivision Showcase sessions, up to 20 exhibits, and much more. Don’t miss the Ray Graham Awards Luncheon on Saturday, November 4. We will recognize our professional awards and our Yes, I Can! award recipients.
This is your chance to meet your professional colleagues in Illinois, network, share challenges, successes, hopes, and dreams. Don’t forget, register today for the Early Bird Convention and hotel rates. For hotel accommodation: 1-800-228-9290 or 1-630-505-4900 and ask for the ICEC Fall Convention Group Rate.
Two Special CEC Summer Events
The Special Education Legislative Summit (SELS) follows the Leadership Institute and will take place July 9-12, 2023. SELS welcomes educators from across the country in order to advocate for change in special education policy and practice on Capitol Hill. They will meet their Members of Congress and advocate for specific needs in their regions in an organized and coherent matter. I will join Team Illinois for these particularly impressive annual CEC events, and I will provide an update in the August ICEC Newsletter.
- Peruse the CEC and ICEC websites – both are packed with information that is designed just for you.
- Invite your colleagues to join you in CEC and ICEC.
- Nominate a colleague for an award – due date September 15.
- Join your local Chapter and if there is none, now is the time either to reactivate an old one or develop a new Chapter.
- Consider getting involved in a subdivision that is of particular interest to you.
- Enjoy the satisfaction of sharing your knowledge with your professional colleagues and learning new ways to think about the professional challenges you face.
Professor Emerita, Special Education Department, Illinois State University firstname.lastname@example.org |
2219 West Oakland Avenue, Bloomington, IL 61705